On my flight home somewhere over the Atlantic, one of the passengers commented “The service is good enough” and that triggered the following response and my dislike for the words “Good Enough”.
- Good enough is not good enough anymore
- Good enough is a sign of complacency
- Good enough is taking shortcuts vs putting in the reps
- Good enough is not courageous
- Good enough is mediocre
- Good enough is the enemy of great
- “Good enough will never change the world” – Usain Bolt
60 second reflection:
What one area do you want to stop settling for “good enough” and challenge yourself or your team to reach higher?